Wednesday, July 26, 2006

NYC, Long Island


Drove back into Manhattan today. The four of us visited the Museum of Natural History and walked around Central Park. As we were heading back to the van, we found out that Fiona Apple was playing at the Summer Stage in the park (along with Damien Rice). I'm a fan of her records and so is Aaron, so we were excited to find out the show was just starting. The show was sold out, but we managed to find our way in using our charm and good looks. We eventually weaseled our way up front where I nearly bumped into Heather Graham (the actress, not the romance novelist). By this point I was pretty excited about the show and I had talked Fiona up to Russ and Susan, so I was disappointed when she was awful. We left after about 5 songs and were followed out by other angry concert-goers. I love her latest album, but she's clearly unable to keep her neuroses (psychoses?) at bay well enough to perform live.
From there we headed to the lower east side to Arturo's for a delicious Italian dinner with friends Lizzy and George. We had heard the Cyclone at Coney Island stayed open late, so we followed George to Brooklyn only to be disappointed again when it was closed. Russ and I got ice cream at Nathan's and we called it a night.
It's our last night at Ed and Lynne's; they've been incredibly kind to us. We'll miss them, but I'm ready to rock again...

No comments: