Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Long Island, NY


I am not opposed to the idea of a place in the world that Starbucks hasn't infiltrated, but from what I've seen it's impossible to find a good cup of coffee on Long Island. I do appreciate Collen bringing me coffee yesterday- even more now since I spent this morning lost in the van on a fruitless Starbucks search.
Aaron and I took the train into the city yesterday. I had some pretty good pizza, but so far nothing beats Sally's in New Haven. We walked up Central Park West to see the Dakota where John Lennon lived, but it's just a building and we couldn't get in. They've named the bordering section of the park "Strawberry Fields"(where you'll find the 'Imagine' memorial). I wonder how many people think the song is about the park...
I didn't take a single photo in NYC, and I'm having trouble posting photos anyway, due to a slow and intermittent wireless connection. I'll add some when I get a chance.
We're supposed to head back to the city at some point with Russ and Susan, but they went out to the Bay House yesterday and haven't returned yet.

Later...
So I went out on the boat, to the bay house and a tiny little beach. Unfortunately the weather changed suddenly and the trip was somewhat of a wash. Meanwhile, someone we know was accidentally driving into the van, damaging one of the taillights. At least we had steak for dinner...

No comments: