Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dockside






We're on about day 4 of tracking for the new Susan Cowsill record here at Dockside Studio in Louisiana. Aaron's working on a majestic guitar solo, and I'm waiting to do some keyboard overdubs.



Dockside's a great place to work- it's nice to wake up, have some coffee, and stumble across the yard to get to work. The engineers (Mike and Mike) have been great to work with, and the songs are coming together nicely.



I could tell you how hard we're working, how there's a lot of waiting around and repitition, but the fact is making records is one of my favorite things to do. I'd rather put in 12 hours here than work just about any other job, so I guess I've got it pretty good. I'd planned on writing some kind of daily update, but the fact is we do the same thing pretty much every day. Instead, I'll just try to post some new photos every once in a while.



Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. Susan's in the kitchen right now. Wish you were here.



No comments: