Sunday, February 01, 2009

Dockside Wrap-up




I'm home again in Indy after our SCB recording session. We finished Wednesday night. Everyone stayed up till the wee hours putting on finishing touches- everyone but me. I went to bed early so I'd be fresh for the 14+ hour drive home.






I managed to make the drive in a day. I don't remember much of it, but I did see a lot of the ice storm damage in Arkansas, Kentucky and Illinois. Trees and power lines were snapped in half like toothpicks and several interstate exits displayed signs reading "no services at this exit".






An interesting tidbit from the drive: when I entered Illinois, Rod Blagojevich was the governor (the sign even said so). When I left, it was Pat Quinn (who mentioned in his press conference he'd rather not put his name on the signs but would prefer something like 'The People of Illinois Welcome You').






I returned to more than a foot of snow at home, which we capitalized on today by sledding and building a snowman. My future father-in-law brought some homemade boudin over, which turned out quite well. Now I don't have to wait until I'm in Louisiana to enjoy one of my new favorites.






Until next time, keep on rocking.

No comments: