Friday, October 24, 2008

Calgary, Alberta




Yes, it's really 5am (of course, that's 7am where I come from). I'm in Calgary with the Cowsills and we've got a local TV appearance scheduled for this morning. I'm all clean and shaved and ready to go, so I'm enjoying some quiet time with my coffee.



Today's kind of a busy day. We've got the TV thing this morning, then an afternoon photo shoot, soundcheck, and the show tonight. Tomorrow we head to a show in Saskatoon. I just found out last night that Wayne rented a bus to take us there. It's nearly as old as I am, but it sleeps 12 and should be much more comfortable than a cab.



The Deerfoot Inn is one of the nicer hotels we've stayed in. I've got a big flat screen HD television on the wall, Starbucks coffee in my room, and I had a truly delicious steak last night. So far, I'm totally cool with Calgary.



Bill Cowsill lived and played music up here for many years. I'm interested to see what the crowds are like. No doubt there will be lots of people sharing their memories of Bill at the meet & greet tonight. I'm looking forward to another great show.

No comments: